Sunday 19 September 2010

What's in my bag?

I am a sad person. When I am bored (a regular occurrence) and feeling nosy (an equally regular occurrence), I turn to YouTube. Often, I turn to the Howto & Style section and peruse through the videos there. There are plenty of make-up queens on YouTube and although they are often vain teenagers who wear too much make-up they often take breaks from traditional make-up videos and do video “tags”. Basically, somebody “tags” somebody else on YouTube and whoever has been tagged feels obliged to create a video that they have been “tagged” to do. I’m not very good at explaining things, am I?! One popular video “tag” is the “What’s in my bag?” tag, in which people record videos of themselves emptying their bag and discussing the things that they pull out of it. I, being sad and nosy, enjoy watching these videos because it’s interesting to see what people carry around with them.I am too ugly and shy to show my face to the world and upload a “What’s in my bag?” video to YouTube so instead I have taken some photographs to show you all what I have been carrying around with me. I am aware that some of you couldn’t care less, but I’m sure that there are other people like me in this world who like being nosy… why else would those YouTube videos have so many hits?
If anybody else has/wants to make a post like this then please leave a comment with a link to the post.
__________________________________________________________
So, the bag is a red leather (yes, leather, surprisingly) cat bag, bought from a market in Paris. It’s surprisingly sturdy and spacious which is a good thing because I always carry more than I might possibly need!
Inside the bag…
Cath Kidston make-up bag containing:
Multiple floral hair accessories
A gorgeous vintage pocket mirror that my grandma gave to me ages ago.
Vaseline Rosy Lips lip balm, which smells nice and has a nice pink shade.
Boots’ Skin Clear spot-zapping gel (I don’t know the proper name). It’s not that effective. I have it just in case I need to use it in despair at some point. I own it because it was on the bargain/reduced shelf at the back of my local Boots store for only 59p a tube.
Nails Inc nail varnish in Victoria, because I have the habit of picking my nail polish off but then I regret it because it looks too scruffy (it’s OK for the nail polish to be picked if it isn’t dark) and I need to apply another coat to smarten myself up.
YSL Faux Cils Noir Radical
No7 Quick Cover Blemish Stick (concealer) in Extra Fair
One of the many black kohl pencils that I bought for 1 euro each whilst in Spain. A very good quality kohl pencil considering the price.
Vaseline hand cream, because my skin is often very dry and always very sensitive.
Also hidden inside my make-up bag are some tissues, a lighter and various “girl things”, but you don’t really need to see those!
Sure deodrant (doesn’t fit into the make-up bag)
Mason Pearson “Popular” brush
Cath Kidston wallet
Middlemarch by George Eliot- an excellent read.
My boyfriend’s watch
Medication
Marlboro Lights
Ray Ban wayfarers (in their case at the moment)
Rizla papers, which I use as blotting papers. If you follow my blog then you will already know about this!
A bell from a Lindt gold bunny
Tiny Emma Bridgewater tin that I keep earrings in

No comments:

Post a Comment