Sunday 15 August 2010

Balenciaga FW 2010






There are so many words that I could use to describe Ghesquiere’s latest RTW collection for Balenciaga… innovative, intruiging, interesting. Exciting. Smart. I could go on, but instead I am going to keep things short and sweet by saying that I completely adore this collection. And why wouldn’t I? There is an eclectic mix of textures, colours and styles. It is all very interesting. The pieces in this collection are the kind of pieces that one drools over whilst gazing through a shop window, too scared to go inside but too absorbed by the wonderful craftsmanship and attention to detail that it is impossible to walk away after a few seconds of taking in the view. Oh yes, these are pieces to enjoy. I can tell that Mr Ghesquiere enjoyed making this collection.
Then there were the colours that I loved: the cool blues and tangerines and pinks. Especially the blues. And then, as if it couldn’t get any more exciting, there were geometric prints. These hinted at the fact that this was a rather futuristic collection; instead of using more traditional (and should we say dull, after seeing this collection?) techiniques, the garments in this collection were evidently created using a wide range of new technology, hence the exciting new techniques we witnessed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment